Have you tried fasting, but experienced headaches or brain fog? One of the main benefits of fasting is purification, but detox may cause what we call a “healing crisis.” Those symptoms include fatigue, and even a flu-like feeling. However, you don’t have to suffer or abandon your fast!
Here are some simple detox protocols that will reduce and/or eliminate your discomfort, and boost the energy and clarity that are the highlights of fasting:
- Soak in a tub of epsom salts for 30 min; then shower with warm water, followed by a cool spray. Cold water after warm invigorates the body and opens the pores! It is also fantastic for adrenal fatigue and immunity.
- Brush your skin gently, from head to toe, with a dry skin brush, and bounce on a rebounder or trampoline for 10 minutes. This will stimulate your lymphatic system, and aid the cleansing process. Bouncing a great mood-lifter! You don’t have to bounce high; light bouncing is all that’s needed to move the lymph and clear your head.
- Drink pure water with 1 tbs. of Apple Cider Vinegar, and add an extra two glasses of water to your daily intake
- Spend 20 minutes in a steam or infrared sauna.
- Get a professional colon hydrotherapy treatment, or do a home enema. For more information on these, see my YouTube videos, or send me a private message. I’d love to hear from you!
Fasting is one of the best things we can do for our body. Patricia Bragg has been fasting 24 hours, weekly, for most of her life, and credits her “ageless” appearance to this ancient beauty and health ritual. It gets easier the more we do it, so if you’re new to fasting, don’t give up! Reach out with any questions or comments. We’re here for you! Happy Fasting!